I love olive oil cakes for the rich, sophisticated flavor! And it's even better when it's healthy for you, too! Perfect for dark chocolate lovers.
Here's the recipe below:
- 8 tablespoons raw organic cacao or Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1T activated charcoal (food grade)
- 1T flaxmeal
- 2T Arbonne chocolate protein powder mix (optional!)
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (for gluten free, I used 1/2c brown rice flower, 1/2c almond flour, and 1/2c coconut flour)
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup raw organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk or other plant based milk
- 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a springform or line with parchment paper (See notes).
- Stir together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar, milk, and water. Slowly add olive oil until just mixed.
- Pour cake batter into prepared springform and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cake is finished when the cake bounces back after being lightly pressed on or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool before removing it from the springform.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over chocolate olive oil cake.
- Serve with hazelnut frosting or any whipped cream of choice. Or fruit!
I used 2 small 4" springform pans, but you can use a 10 inch springform. The cake isn't too thick. The cake is so rich that it's great since you won't need a very big piece to feel full. You can use a smaller springform though to make it a thicker cake. Be aware that the bake time might vary then.
Click on the pictures below to see the process!